The class tomorrow expands upon a class I co-presented with Dan Poynter at the Publishing University conference in New York in May.
From the IBPA web site, here's a partial summary of what I'll cover:
- Why ebooks are hot
- Latest market sales data
- Will ebooks cannibalize or complement print books?
- How ebooks fit within overall publishing strategy
- What books work best as ebooks
- How Ebook formatting is different
- Why multi-format is important
- Evolving distribution models: The new ebook supply chain
- How Amazon is vertically integrating its ebook business: friend or foe to the independent publisher?
- To DRM or not DRM?
- Ebook pricing models