Thousands of Smashwords authors, publishers and readers participate in this global ebook celebration featuring thousands of FREE and deep-discounted ebooks.
Authors and Publishers: Enrollment is now open at https://www.smashwords.com/dashboard/sitewidePromos With a few clicks, you can enroll your books into coupon categories of 25% off, 50% off, 75% off or FREE.
Readers: When the promotion goes live on Sunday, visit the promotional catalog at https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1 and be sure to check back often because thousands of new books will join the promotion during the week.
The sale is being promoted to over one million Smashwords customers. Don't miss out!
Please help spread the word to your fellow readers, authors and publishers.
How to Join the CelebrationHere's a quick checklist to help you get the most out of the Read an Ebook Week event:
- Authors and publishers: Enroll your books at https://www.smashwords.com/dashboard/sitewidePromo. If you're not yet publishing with Smashwords, now's a great time to get started. Visit https://www.smashwords.com/about/how_to_publish_on_smashwords to learn how.
- Visit the Smashwords Read an Ebook Week event page at https://www.smashwords.com/ebookweek where you'll find downloadable buttons, banners and images you can share on social media to promote your participation in the event. You'll also find convenient links to several retailers offering free ebooks.
- For the story behind Read an Ebook Week, check out my interview with Smashwords author Rita Toews who founded this event 12 years ago - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-coker/the-story-behind-read-an_b_487343.html or visit her official Read an Ebook Week Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Read-an-E-Book-Week-193882590629749
- Every day during the week long sale, celebrate on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, blog, private mailing lists) that you're participating in the event. Be sure to include a hyperlink to the promotional catalog at https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1
- Readers: When you discover a great deal, share it with your friends on social media. Be sure to tag the author (find their Twitter and Facebook addresses on their Smashwords author profile page) so they know you downloaded their book!
- Authors and publishers: If you haven't done so already, complete your Smashwords Interview at https://www.smashwords.com/manageinterview/info This is a great chance for you to connect with current and prospective readers on an entirely new level by sharing the story behind the author! Once you complete your interview, share it on social media.
- The official hashtags for the promotion are #Smashwords and #ebookweek17
This promotion is exclusive to the Smashwords store. It will not impact prices at other retailers. Enjoy!