32 authors and publishers below shared their smarts in an engaging and diverse collection of first-person tips, tricks and experiences.
For their effort, each will receive a collector's edition Smashwords coffee mug.
If you know an author who's not yet publishing ebooks, please share this collection with them. Used in concert with our Smashwords Style Guide (the ebook formatting bible for Smashwords), these posts will make their publishing adventure faster, simpler and more enjoyable.
Smashwords Authors and Publishers Share their Smarts
- Julia Group - Publishing Wizard & Spy on Smashwords : Easy, peasey, lemon squeezee
- Kristy K. James - Helpful Tips For Getting Published On Smashwords
- AG Claymore - Publishing an eBook with Smashwords
- John H. Carroll - How to Publish and Distribute Ebooks with Smashwords
- Aaron Majewski - How to Publish and Distribute Ebooks with Smashwords
- Jeff Hendricks - Self-Pubishing eBooks with Smashwords
- Linda Pendleton (and Don Pendleton) - Ebook Publishing With Smashwords
- Red Haircrow - Sharing the Smashwords Love: My Story On Why & How I Came to Self-Publish
- Ian Thomas Healy - The Care and Feeding of THE MILKMAN: Super Secret Extra Cheesy Edition on Smashwords
- Susanna Mahoney - Smashwords.com is the first step to publish your book for the world to enjoy
- Anna Patterson - My Road to Publishing a Book
- Dennis R. Blanchard - How I published THREE HUNDRED ZEROES with Smashwords
- Kevin Domenic - How to Publish and Distribute Ebooks with Smashwords
- Carol Anita Ryan - How you can publish on Smashwords
- Wendy Maddocks - My publishing experiences with smashwords.com
- Carolyn Brown - Tips for Publishing eBooks with Smashwords!
- J.L. Murphey - Publishing Smashwords Style
- Tommie Lyn - ...about formatting for Smashwords
- John O'Brien - How I published A New World: Chaos with Smashwords
- Jaye Seay - How to Publish and Distribute Ebooks with Smashwords
- Karen Woodward - Publishing With Smashwords
- Maranda Russell - Tips for Publishing on Smashwords
- Jody Kihara - Smashwords, Formatting, and Special Characters (Em-dashes and En-dashes)
- Lillie Ammann - Publishing Ebooks on Smashwords
- D.C. Sargent - How To Tackle Smashwords
- Dr. Tae Yun Kim - How the “Seven Steps to Inner Power” ebook was Published with Smashwords!
- Cameron D. Garriepy - How to self-publish via Smashwords
- B.C. Young - How to Publish and Distribute eBooks with Smashwords
- SiewJin Christina Jee - Smashwords, a blue mug and I
- David Derrico - How To Self-Publish With Smashwords
- Ruby Barnes - Ignore Smashwords at your Peril
- Sue A. Lehman - How I Published at Smashwords!
The Customer Perspective
We received this submission from a Smashwords customer in France who blogs and writes book reviews under the name, TheSFReader. Although it's not a how-to for authors, it provides interesting perspective on why one avid ebook buyer shops first at Smashwords (and also provides copius suggestions for future Smashwords features, so thanks!).
TheSFReader - I Love Smashwords, Don't You?
My thanks to everyone above for taking the time to share their tips and tricks for the benefit of fellow authors, publishers and readers.